"The research is clear that children who don't read during the summer can lose up to three months of reading progress and that loss has a cumulative, long-term effect."
How can parents encourage reading over the summer?
* Regina Public Library, library programs, TD Summer reading program
* Online resources: Tumblebooks or Overdrive (free on the Regina Public Library website) , anyone with a RAZ KIDS account
* Garage sale books
* Have a reading challenge with friends or neighbours
* Pack a book in your backpack, sportsbag or car
* Read different types of text (magazines, newspapers, e-books, novels, recipes, informational books etc.)
Remember to READ! READ! READ!